Approx. Reading time: About 2 Minutes
Summer Strawberry Rhubarb Pies
The summer months are a time of great magic and celebration. From Beltain, Litha (the solstice) to Lammas, the summer season is filled with rituals, spells, and offerings to the gods and goddesses of the earth. As the warm sun shines down on us and the earth comes alive with the colors of the season, we are reminded of the power of nature and the magic that surrounds us.
One of the best ways to celebrate the magic of summer is by enjoying the delicious fruits of the season. In particular, strawberries and rhubarb are two of the most popular fruits in Wiccan tradition, and they are often used in spells and rituals as symbols of love, fertility, and abundance.
To honor the magic of summer, we have a recipe for a delicious strawberry rhubarb pie that is sure to delight your taste buds and enchant your senses.
The longest day is here
We celebrate the Sun
With joy and gratitude
We gather in a circle
We light the sacred fire
We dance and sing and drum
We feast on fresh and sweet
Strawberry rhubarb pie
We bless the Earth and Sky
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- 1 ½ Cups Chopped Rhubarb
- 1 ½ Cups Chopped Strawberries
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Double Crust Pie Shell
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and vanilla extract. Stir well.1 ½ Cups Chopped Rhubarb, 1 ½ Cups Chopped Strawberries, ½ Cup Sugar, 3 tbsp Cornstarch, ¼ tsp salt, 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and dot with butter.2 tbsp Butter, 1 Double Crust Pie Shell
- Top with the second crust and crimp the edges to seal.
- Cut slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Let the pie cool for a few minutes before serving.