Approx. Reading time: About 2 Minutes
Moon Milk: Summer’s Brew (Lavender and Cherry)
The moon is one of the most powerful symbols of magic and transformation. As it waxes and wanes, the moon exerts a profound influence on our emotions, our intuition, and our connection to the spiritual realm. By harnessing the power of the moon, we can tap into the mysteries of the universe and unlock our own inner magic.
One of the best ways to honor the magic of the moon is by preparing a special brew known as “moon milk.” This creamy, dreamy beverage is infused with herbs and spices that are thought to promote relaxation, sleep, and spiritual connection. Here’s a recipe for moon milk made with lavender and cherry:
To honor the magic of the summer moon, we have a recipe for a delicious variant of Moon Milk featuring Lavender and Cherry.
As the night falls and the moon rises I brew a cup of moon milk with care I add some lavender and cherries To soothe my mind and soul with their flair
I whisper a blessing over it To fill it with magic and grace I thank the goddess for her gifts And for watching over this place
I sip the moon milk slowly and savor The sweet and floral taste I feel a wave of calm and favor As I drift into a peaceful state
Moon milk, moon milk, you are my delight You help me sleep well every night
Recipe – Moon Milk: Summer’s Brew
- Blender or Food Proccessor
- 2 cups milk dairy or non-dairy
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender buds
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 cups milk over low heat until warm.2 cups milk
- Add 1 tablespoon dried lavender buds and 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cherries to the milk and let steep for 10-15 minutes.1 tablespoon dried lavender buds, 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- Strain the milk into a blender or food processor and discard the lavender and cherry solids.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract to the milk, and blend until smooth and frothy.1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the moon milk into a mug and enjoy before bedtime or during meditation.
Proudly brought to you by
The Equinox Apothecary
© The Equinox Apothecary 2024 – Permission is granted to copy and reproduce this Recipe with attribution