Approx. Reading time: About 2 Minutes
On the tenth day of Yuletide, immerse yourself in the enchanting flavors of Winter Harvest Stuffed Acorn Squash—a delightful creation that celebrates the season’s bountiful offerings. This recipe invites you to indulge in the warmth and richness of winter ingredients, crafting a dish that mirrors the beauty of the natural world. In this article, we’ll guide you through the ingredients, instructions, preparation, and cooking time, explore the magical properties associated with Yuletide, and craft a spell to connect with the natural energies on your December 29th celebration.
Spell for Nature’s Connection
As you prepare and savor the Winter Harvest Stuffed Acorn Squash, connect with the natural energies around you. While enjoying each bite, speak a spell like:
“In Winter’s harvest, magic intertwines,
Acorn’s protection, where prosperity shines.
Brussels’ strength, cranberries’ delight,
Nature’s embrace in each bite.”
May the Winter Harvest Stuffed Acorn Squash bring you closer to the wonders of nature on your December 29th celebration, allowing you to revel in the richness and blessings of the winter landscape.
Acorn Squash: Symbolizes protection and prosperity, drawing on the earth’s energies.
Wild Rice: Represents adaptability and connection to nature.
Brussels Sprouts: Signify strength and resilience, mirroring the winter landscape.
Dried Cranberries: Infuse the dish with the celebratory spirit of the season.
Pecans: Grounding and prosperity are represented by pecans, adding an earthy richness.
Feta Cheese: Adds a touch of comfort and unity to the magical mix.
Maple Syrup: Represents sweetness and unity, weaving a thread of togetherness and joy.
Recipe – Winter Harvest Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash halved and seeds removed
- 1 cup wild rice cooked
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Prepare Ingredients: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Place acorn squash halves on a baking sheet.
- Roast Squash: Brush the cut sides of the squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
- Prepare Filling: In a skillet, sauté sliced Brussels sprouts in olive oil until softened. Combine with cooked wild rice, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, and crumbled feta. Drizzle with maple syrup and mix well.
- Stuff the Squash: Once the squash halves are tender, fill each half with the prepared stuffing mixture.
- Bake Again: Return the stuffed squash to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the filling is heated through.
- Garnish and Serve: Garnish with fresh thyme before serving.
Proudly brought to you by
The Equinox Apothecary
© The Equinox Apothecary 2024 – Permission is granted to copy and reproduce this Recipe with attribution