Approx. Reading time: About 4 Minutes
A Guide to Moonwater
Moonwater is a sacred element that can be used for various purposes, such as cleansing, healing, protection, and manifestation. It is water that has been charged with the energy of the moon during its different phases. In this series, we will share with you some of the ways that our coven conducts moon water rituals and how you can do them too. Whether you want to make moon water for yourself or for your fellow witches, these rituals will help you connect with the lunar power and enhance your magick.
In this article – A Simple and Powerful Method
Before beginning any ritual, it is important to prepare yourself mentally and physically. You may want to take a cleansing bath, or shower, and meditate or perform some grounding exercises to center yourself. Gather any materials you will need, such as candles, incense, and offerings for the forest spirits.
You can read a more detailed Ritual Preparation guide here.
To make water blessed by the moon, there are several methods you can use.
Here are some methods that we will cover in this series:
- Simple Outdoor (This Article)- Place a bowl of water outside on the night of the full moon. Allow the water to absorb the energy of the moon’s rays for several hours, ideally from sunset to sunrise. You can cover the bowl with a lid or a cloth to keep it clean.
- Windowsill – If you cannot leave the water outside, you can place it on a windowsill where it will be exposed to the moonlight. Again, allow the water to absorb the moon’s energy for several hours.
- The Active Approach – If you prefer a more active approach, you can hold a container of water in your hands and gaze up at the full moon as you recite a chant or affirmation to focus your intention. Visualize the light of the moon shining down into the water, filling it with energy and power.
- The Crystal Method – Another method is to charge a crystal or a piece of jewelry with the energy of the full moon, and then place it in a container of water. The crystal or jewelry acts as a conduit for the moon’s energy, which is then transferred to the water.
- You can also use a combination of the above methods. For example, you can place a bowl of water outside with a charged crystal inside and allow it to absorb the moon’s energy for several hours.
Water is one of the most essential elements for life on Earth and has long been revered as a symbol of purity, healing, and transformation. Throughout history, many cultures and traditions have used water in their rituals and ceremonies, believing that it has the power to cleanse, purify, and bless.
Moon Water: A Simple and Powerful Method
- 1 Bowl Glass or Ceramic
- Water Fresh water, preferably from a natural source.
Optional – Use only One
- 1 pinch Salt
- Few Drops Essential Oils
- To begin, choose a bowl that is clean and made of a non-toxic material, such as glass or ceramic. Fill the bowl with fresh water, ideally from a natural source such as a stream or a well. You can add a pinch of salt or a few drops of essential oils to the water if you wish, but this is optional.Water, 1 pinch Salt, Few Drops Essential Oils
- Next, find a spot outside where the bowl will be exposed to the light of the full moon. It is best to place the bowl on a flat surface, such as a table or a stone, to keep it stable. You can cover the bowl with a lid or a cloth to keep it clean, but make sure it is breathable so that the water can still absorb the moon's energy.
- Ideally, the water should be left outside from sunset to sunrise, allowing it to absorb the full cycle of the moon's energy. However, if you cannot leave the water outside for this long, even a few hours of exposure to the moon's rays can be beneficial.
- While the water is outside, it is important to set your intention for what you want the water to be used for. You can speak your intention out loud, or simply hold it in your mind. Whether you want to use the water for ritual purification, cleansing, or healing, be clear and specific about your intention.
- When the water has been exposed to the full moon's energy, you can bring it inside and use it in your rituals and ceremonies. You can drink it, use it to anoint yourself or your tools, or incorporate it into a spell or ritual. Remember to always be respectful and mindful of the water, and to give thanks to the moon for its blessings.
© The Equinox Apothecary 2024 – Permission is granted to copy and reproduce this Recipe with attribution
In conclusion, blessing water with the energy of the full moon is a simple and powerful way to create a potent tool for ritual and healing. By setting your intention and allowing the water to absorb the energy of the moon’s rays, you can create a powerful tool that can be used in a variety of ways. Whether you are a seasoned practitioner or a curious beginner, this method is accessible to anyone who has access to water and the moon’s light.